CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Ability to ReBuild after using the Builder

Print topic Send  topic

FrankR

Posted: 09/14/2006, 2:32 PM

Ok, now that I am a paying customer :-) I want to formally log the Wish here regarding something I commented about in another thread.

It would be Extremely powerful to be able to ReBuild and change some settings - After using the Builder the first time.

I spent some time today customizing a screen, only to later notice I did not include all the navigation controls I wanted. Yes, I know I can add them by hand relatively easy, but it would be great to be able to have the Builder walk me through another build, remembering everything I did previously, remembering all the details of my query, and allowing me to make changes inside the Builder.

I really believe this is an important feature to add, and I believe it will really elevate the product up a notch.
Posted: 09/17/2006, 5:27 PM

Second!
FrankR

Posted: 09/19/2006, 11:47 AM

The more I work with the product, the more I Love it, and the more I feel compelled to Beg you guys to save Builder info and allow for a Rebuild after walking through all the prompts again.

Please consider this and please, someone from the company, please comment back that it is being seriously considered for the next release.

Posted: 09/20/2006, 12:35 AM

Frank,

Thanks for good suggestion. It will be considered for a future version.
Just please keep in mind that there are many other suggestions and possible features that are being requested and almost demanded by others. For example implementing this feature in a previous version could've take away the Reporting or Calendar feature from the product, and not everyone may prefer to save builders vs. creating reports (for example). Also, some seemingly simple features can turn into very complex ones to implement. Therefore each feature is prioritized by several criteria and unfortunately I cannot obtain a promise that certain feature(s) will be implemented in the next release (or that others won't...)
View profile  Send private message
thiamat

Posted: 09/20/2006, 3:15 AM

Thank God finaly some one is getting the importenc of saving the duilder settings I would like to addd the fact that as a simple extention :

it is neccessary to save those builds as UBBER component in some way
FrankR

Posted: 09/20/2006, 5:07 AM

Quote peterr:
Frank,

Thanks for good suggestion. It will be considered for a future version.
Just please keep in mind that there are many other suggestions and possible features that are being requested and almost demanded by others. For example implementing this feature in a previous version could've take away the Reporting or Calendar feature from the product, and not everyone may prefer to save builders vs. creating reports (for example). Also, some seemingly simple features can turn into very complex ones to implement. Therefore each feature is prioritized by several criteria and unfortunately I cannot obtain a promise that certain feature(s) will be implemented in the next release (or that others won't...)

Peter,

Thanks for the response. While I fully understand no promises can be made, I'm at least glad to see a Frasier-like "I'm listening" response. :-)

Posted: 09/21/2006, 12:46 AM

Quote :
> Thanks for good suggestion. It will be considered for a future version.
> Just please keep in mind that there are many other suggestions and
> possible
> features that are being requested and almost demanded by others. For
> example
> implementing this feature in a previous version could've take away the
> Reporting or Calendar feature from the product, and not everyone may
> prefer to
> save builders vs. creating reports (for example). Also, some seemingly
> simple
> features can turn into very complex ones to implement. Therefore each
> feature
> is prioritized by several criteria and unfortunately I cannot obtain a
> promises
> that certain feature(s) will be implemented in the next release (or that
> others
> won't be...)

Which is a seemless link to the "roadmap to the future" question asked many
times already.
Although a very good answer, and fully repecting Peterr's position, it is a
diplomatic answer as such.

With respect,

Walter

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login