CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

IDE now screeched to a halt - advice needed

Print topic Send  topic

FrankR

Posted: 10/04/2006, 11:17 AM

Ok, since I went and did custom styles for each section of this significant-sized page yesterday, the IDE today is now crawling very slow. It takes about 90 seconds to move from Design view to Code view, and I'm dying a slow death.

I'm willing to admit the error in my ways applying multiple styles per page :-).
Is there any way I can cleanly punt those style changes?

Thanks.

Posted: 10/04/2006, 11:31 AM

You can fix the current page with a notepad or an HTML editor.
Though I also recommend contacting support because they're always looking for reproducible issues.
View profile  Send private message
FrankR

Posted: 10/05/2006, 5:40 AM

Quote peterr:
You can fix the current page with a notepad or an HTML editor.
Though I also recommend contacting support because they're always looking for reproducible issues.

If you or anyone else here can give me more specific guidance on this, I'd appreciate it.
While I am an experienced developer, I have No experience with CSSheets, and I don't know what I'm looking at when I open up the HTML. I don't want to hose it up.

I Have to get that HTML cleaned. The project took a major hit with all the time I spent staring at the screen yesterday - literally, frequent 90 second gaps as I switched views and tried to re-enter source code. It's killing me.

Any help/guidance to clean this up would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Posted: 10/05/2006, 1:19 PM

I can only recommend that you backup your project and then:
1. Open the page in Notepad and try to remove anything related to styles, like class=something, or maybe try removing the link to the stylesheet, like <link href="Styles/StyleName/Style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

or 2. Contact product support as they may find a problem related to some specific part of the HTML, and not necessarily a style.

or 3. Do #2 yourself by deleting 25% of your page and checking if the speed will improve, then another 25% and check again, until you find "the 25%" that caused the problem. Then split that 25% into additional pieces until you run into smething specific that slowed it down. (assuming that there is such a thing)
FrankR

Posted: 10/05/2006, 2:01 PM

Wow.

You might want to pass this on to support, because it's crystal clear having just the two styles in use on the page Definitely was the problem.

I removed all references to the second style, and moving from design to code moves like Lightening now.

That's a Big relief. I was really concerned about it having to stop the show as far as using CCS. I'm back in business.

Posted: 10/05/2006, 2:18 PM

I couldn't reproduce this, that's why always recommend contacting support directly with any specific reproducible issuess...
FrankR

Posted: 10/05/2006, 3:13 PM

Quote FrankR:
Wow.

You might want to pass this on to support, because it's crystal clear having just the two styles in use on the page Definitely was the problem.

I removed all references to the second style, and moving from design to code moves like Lightening now.

That's a Big relief. I was really concerned about it having to stop the show as far as using CCS. I'm back in business.

Well, I have to take it all back. 10 minutes after it started moving like *Lightening*, it stopped, and switching views for this page is complete dog again.

Sigh.

Posted: 10/06/2006, 12:14 AM

Why "Sigh"? Haven't support resolved this for you yet? Wouldn't it save time to contact them earlier?
FrankR

Posted: 10/06/2006, 3:44 AM

Quote peterr:
Why "Sigh"? Haven't support resolved this for you yet? Wouldn't it save time to contact them earlier?

Sigh because this sort of thing should Not be happening. Yes, I will, when I get back to my desk, package up the project and send it off to support. I'm going to need a solution to stay in the game.

Posted: 10/06/2006, 4:09 AM

I agree. I just worry that we couldn't fix this earlier.
FrankR

Posted: 10/08/2006, 9:31 AM

Quote peterr:
I agree. I just worry that we couldn't fix this earlier.

Case 983923526 was submitted to support:

New CodeCharge Case# 983923526 - Extraordinarily slow when moving between Design and Code views

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login