CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Custom Security

Print topic Send  topic

affriedl

Posted: 11/17/2006, 1:55 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to build a small two or three page demo for a very large motor freight carrier that needs to implement custom security for internal ASP.NET sites. Their custom security is implemented in two assemblies.

First problem is where do I reference these in CodeCharge Studio (the eval copy)
Second problem is where to put the calls to the security code. There doesn't seem to be any event(s) related to this.

I'd like to convince this company to buy and use CCS for development of these (seemingly endless web applications) however there is a fair amount of skepticism from management. Can someone point me to a how to on implementing custom security? I'd rather not have to code everything in Visual Studio.

Thanks
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 11/17/2006, 2:18 PM

Hi,

You'd add references in Project Settings -> Server/Script -> References

The security routines can be modified in the project files like:
Common Files -> components/security.cs
and
Common Files -> components/DataUtility.cs (search for "User" to find all related properties and methods)

(no events needed for this as you'd be modifying the common framework, not generated pages)

This should be simple to modify, while you can check with the support if you have other related questions.
affriedl

Posted: 11/20/2006, 7:10 AM

Quote :
You'd add references in Project Settings -> Server/Script -> References

Well... the References property of Server/Script cannot be edited directly - it has a button (presumably for a popup) which does nothing - meanwhile I can add semicolon separated values to the Assemblies property. Is there something about the Trial Version which prevents access to this functionality?
peterr

Posted: 11/20/2006, 10:43 AM

The button in the References property opens a popup window for me. I recommend contacting product support with these and related questions.
affriedl

Posted: 11/21/2006, 7:28 AM

Quote :
The button in the References property opens a popup window for me. I recommend contacting product support with these and related questions.

This is definately a bug - It is at least very poor interface programming. When I open the Settings dialog and select Server/Script I find that the References property is Grayed out - as in unavailable, and clicking the popup button does nothing at all.

I have yet to locate documentation regarding the circumstances under which the property is available vs. unavailable. I would assume that it would always be available. Even the products help does not mention anything on this.
affriedl

Posted: 11/21/2006, 7:39 AM

Hmmm,

Well, it seems that if you select the 1.0 or the 1.1 .NET runtimes the References property is available and the Assemblies property is not. If you select the 2.0 runtime the References property is unavailable and the Assemblies property is - but it is not a popup selection.

Not really sure what this means to those of us who are relatively new to .NET on the web and to CodeCharge generating .NET for the web. I would like to understand why these features are built the way they are.

I want to generate 2.0 runtimes and selecting 1.x, using the popup to set the references field, and then selecting 2.0 again seems dubious.
peterr

Posted: 11/21/2006, 11:25 AM

I simply stated what I see on the screen. Please contact product support if something doesn't work or if you have questions or suggestions directed to the company.

Quote :
I recommend contacting product support with these and related questions.
Thanks

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login