CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

not much activity in the .Net forum

Print topic Send  topic

rbaldwin

Posted: 11/20/2006, 6:01 PM

i'm switching from asp classic to asp.net with vb.net so i'm here in this forum looking around but it seems rather dead. So is everyone who's coding .net in ccs an expert who has no questions OR is .net not very popular with ccs users?

Anyway i'm having trouble coming to grips with how to reference grid and form controls.

So, in a grid (non editable) named theGrid with a label named fname and a label named lname and a label named fullname, how would i concatenate fname and lname to give me fullname in the beforeshowrow event as well (if it's different ) in the before show fullname event.

I could use a bunch of similar type examples.

And as long as i'm here, does anyone else find the doc's a little confusing when it comes to trying to find code examples that relate to the language one is using?
View profile  Send private message
affriedl

Posted: 11/21/2006, 7:55 AM

Quote :
does anyone else find the doc's a little confusing when it comes to trying to find code examples that relate to the language one is using?

CCS is a language neutral (and environment neutral to a certain degree) when it comes to code generation which is nice from the perspective that you can use whatever supported .NET language you want. Add to this the fact that CCS is also generating code for Classic ASP, PHP and Java/JSP and you can imagine what kind of problems this causes for the people who have to document it. Puting every example in every language would be a very large task.

I too am migrating from Classic ASP to ASP.NET and there are some important places however where the docs are lacking needed information.
rbaldwin

Posted: 11/21/2006, 8:15 AM

I disagree, i think if they provide an example in Perl it should be there for every other language as well.

I think the process of documenting would actually be simpler if they documented it for each language separately. I'm sure mixing the various language references must be confusing for the documentors themselves.

But then perhaps we users should be providing examples. perhaps we are falling down on the job.

peterr

Posted: 11/21/2006, 10:59 AM

Unfortunately it would be a nightmare to create 6 seperate document versions of an example (one for each language) and then keep all versions in sync :-(
Wouldn't wish this onto anyone.
Vasiliy

Posted: 11/22/2006, 7:11 AM

Quote :
Anyway i'm having trouble coming to grips with how to reference grid and form controls.

I had this trouble as well.
CCS .Net code is tricky in grid and form reference. Reported this to CCS support.
My advise - analyse the generated CCS code. :-D

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login