CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ColdFusion

Hide-Show Error

Print topic Send  topic

Posted: 12/20/2006, 1:55 AM

I have set up a page in CCS with a RECORD at the top and a GRID at the bottom. The RECORD is for entering details about a project and the GRID is for listing tasks associated with that RECORD. I have been trying to set it up so that when in INSERT mode (i.e. adding a new RECORD) the GRID is HIDDEN.

I have selected the GRID and added a Hide-Show action to the BeforeShow event. For COMPONENT name I have entered the NAME of the GRID. For ACTION I have selected HIDE. For CONDITION TYPE I have selected EXPRESSION. For CONDITION I have entered "blnEditModemq_projects=FALSE" (where mq_projects is the name of the RECORD form). The resultant code created by CCS is <CFIF blnEditModemq_projects=False> (I had a look around the app and this syntax is consistent with the use of blnEditMode).

When I try to run the page I get a error message:

Invalid CFML construct found on line 184 at column 31.
ColdFusion was looking at the following text:

The CFML compiler was processing:

a CFIF tag beginning on line 184, column 4.
a CFIF tag beginning on line 184, column 4.

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\maqohsc\_admin\project_record_mq_plan_mq_PlanStatus_mq.cfm: line 184

182 :
183 : <!---Event: BeforeShow. Action: Hide-Show Component. Control: mq_plan_mq_PlanStatus_mq @118-9B6D7D18--->
184 : <CFIF blnEditModemq_projects=False>
185 : <!---End Event: BeforeShow. Action: Hide-Show Component. Control: mq_plan_mq_PlanStatus_mq--->
186 :

I have tried using blnEditModemq_projects IS False but this causes CFCATCH to have a dummy spit. I also tried blnEditModemq_projects=1 and got a construct error.

Any clues please?

TIA!!!! :-D

View profile  Send private message

Posted: 01/02/2007, 5:29 AM

Could it be that the CFIF statemant should read:

<CFIF blnEditModemq_projects EQ False>

View profile  Send private message
Posted: 03/29/2007, 10:16 AM <a href="">34f46b97edda33cac6e8f756cbfcbbcf</a> [url][/url] [url=]34f46b97edda33cac6e8f756cbfcbbcf[/url] 41e735adeaaa6327f09e5263d06bc904

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login