CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

Super Bug that i don't understand.

Print topic Send  topic

Motaro

Posted: 12/29/2006, 7:36 AM

I'm using CCS 3.0, and was working with a directory object to make a menu on a page, and it seems that i have made a change (that i don't know what it is!!!), CCS is generating a class definition twice in the 'common.asp', as you would understand IIS later on is telling me that the class name is being redefined, of course stopping the application.

I already deleted the page that i was working on, erased the extra copy of the class definition, but it seems that when i publish it creates the extra copy once again, and of course have the same problem.

I actually don't know what is happening to me it seems like a bug, but this kind of things have happend to me before in CCS, and normally it some stupid thing that you have to take out of the design view.

So any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Posted: 01/02/2007, 10:54 PM

Did you modify your Common.asp file in development beforehand?

If you did then CCS has not detected the change and is trying to ensure that the object is correct.

Try this -Get out of CCS, then in the development directory rename the Common.asp fire to common.XXX. Go back into CCS and regenerate the project - this should recrate your common.asp file and correct your problem.

If this doesn't work contact support.

Edd

http://www.syntech.com.au
View profile  Send private message
Motaro

Posted: 01/03/2007, 5:00 AM

Thank you Edd for answering,

The problem Edd it seems, this project was originally started in version 2.3 of CCS, if i'm not mistaken, when I made the conversion the database connection did not appeared in the project explorer. Therefore when i tried to make a new control like a Grid, did not have the option of selecting the database so I created one, so that it will work with the grid, that's when the problems started. I later found out that by taken out the connection and leaving none, the common.asp file was generated correctly with one copy of the class.

I'm pondering that maybe i should recreate the connection with a different name!, so all the old controls can connect to the class that keeps appearing eventhough it does not appear in the project explorer, and use the new one with the new controls that i make.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login