CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

OnError

Print topic Send  topic

TBMH

Posted: 02/10/2007, 7:52 PM

I usually like to put a custom "catch all" error page in OnError in the Global.asax file. It seems like CodeCharge does not like anyone messing with that file. The IDE shuts down if you try to modify it and there is no OnError event.

Am I missing something here? Can someone tell me where I need to put my OnError global page?

Thanks,
Scott
View profile  Send private message
Stan
Posted: 02/12/2007, 5:33 AM

Scott

CCS is using code-behind model, so all code is stored into separate codefiles. For Global.asax file it will be global.asax.cs or global.asax.vb, depending on language which you are using. In these files look on the Application_Error method.

Stan
TBMH

Posted: 02/12/2007, 7:56 AM

Hi Stan,

Yes, I found global.asax.cs for my project, however, there is no Appliction_OnError method. If I try to create one then CCS shuts down automatically. It's as if it doesn't want me messing with that file.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
Stan
Posted: 02/12/2007, 8:22 AM

Quote TBMH:
If I try to create one then CCS shuts down automatically. It's as if it doesn't want me messing with that file.

It's strange. I'm just check, there is really no OnError handler for C#, but i can add it without any problems. I believe you should contact Yes support with this.

Stan
TBMH

Posted: 02/14/2007, 7:38 PM

Stan,

I've tried editing the file outside of CCS. When the project is loaded into CCS my added code (OnError) is mysteriously gone. Can you try this?

It seems very odd to me that standard .NET functionality would be removed from CCS. I hope I'm missing something and this can be done easily.

Thanks,
Scott
Stan
Posted: 02/15/2007, 12:02 AM

Scott

Not a problem here. What did Yes support tell you?

Stan
TBMH

Posted: 02/16/2007, 9:24 PM

Stan,

I haven't submitted anything to them yet. Thought I'd post here first. I'll try it again and see if my results vary.

Keep you posted.

Scott

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login