CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Perl

perl/MySQL/IIS problems

Print topic Send  topic

Kareem

Posted: 02/21/2007, 9:05 AM

Please Help.

I think that I am really close, but I am still having problems. I am running a MySQL server on one machine and IIS with perl on a second and I am having problems trying to get them to communicate.

First off, On my development machine, the Web Server, I have CCS, ActiveState Perl, and IIS 5.1. I have already loaded MyODBC and I have configured a connection to my database server. I have created a connection in CCS and if I call a command like "Grid Builder" with the connection, it correctly populates the tables and variables of the database that I am referencing.

My problems comes up with the server connection. As I said earlier, I am running activestate perl and I have installed the DBI, DBD-mysql, and DBD-ODBC.

My first attempt was is the DBD-mysql driver. It appears to run correctly, but since I am running my database server on a seperate machine from the webserver, I get an error that the DBI CONNECT cannot connect to the server on localhost. How do I configure it so that it looks at the correct machine.

My Second attempt was with the DBD-ODBC driver. I thought this would be easy since I already have ODBC setup for the development enviroment.. After setting this one up, I got a DBI connect failed. "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" The catch is that if open a command window and exicute the CGI script from there ("C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe query.cgi"), it works correctly.

Thanks for any help.

Kareem

Posted: 02/21/2007, 9:52 AM

O.K. got one figured out. when using DBD-mysql driver, to specify a different server use

DBI:mysql:database=dbname;host=ipaddress

in the DBI data source name field of the server configuration.

Kareem
Posted: 02/25/2007, 3:52 AM

with ODBC you must use SYSTEM DSN, not USER DSN
papireddy
Posted: 03/05/2007, 10:01 PM

i have a prob how to call perl in html .simple programs

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login