CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

how do i summit record values to populate a different page with a button click

Print topic Send  topic

bianchef

Posted: 03/21/2007, 7:31 AM

I have created (by application builder) both a permits_maint page and a clients_maint page.
On the clients_maint page with the Add button, a record is submitted to the clients table and returns the clients_list table. This is ok.

Also, on the clients_maint page, I have created a "Send to Permit" button that submits to the clients table but returns the permits_maint table. This is actually what we changed and wanted. That is, the user clicks "Send to Permits" on the clients_maint page and the fields in client_maint should populate the permit_maint page on load. Instead, the clients table is inserted, the permits_maint page is returned but the field values from clients_maint are not populated to the permits_maint page.

How do I either
1. using "Send to Permit" button - submit the values on clients_page to return the permits_maint page with the passed values from clients_maint to populate the permits_maint page
or
2. using the Add button - submit to both clients and permits tables at the same time (where the user can then search the records of each separately to populate each page separately)?

My environment is CCS 3.1, IIS 6.0, SQL Server 2000
Both the clients table and the permits table are in the permits database.

Any ideas or code examples are appreciated.
View profile  Send private message
bianchef

Posted: 03/21/2007, 6:29 PM

Simply put...

How do I summit values from one page to another?
mamboBROWN

Posted: 03/22/2007, 5:37 PM

bianchef
Here is the answer to your question: http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=85847

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login