CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> Programming

Mysql arithmetic and insert from pop-up form

Print topic Send  topic

kbwill

Posted: 05/17/2007, 7:02 AM

Hello,
I have been searching all over the web and this forum to see if someone has already done this:

I have a form where the user searches and filters for an invoice sent to a client. (I have this working)
I want this to work...
The user then can click on a link in that row and a pop-up form will present itself where the user (in accounts receivables) may enter payment information from a check.
Since we get several checks before an invoice is paid off (we do construction ) then all of the previous checks are also displayed on the form and and the total of all of the checks is then summed and subtracted from the invoice balance.
When the user closes the pop-up form the new total is entered into the database.
This probably sounds like a MySQL question but I can write the query to sum the checks but I do not know how to take the sum, subtract it from the invoice balance, and insert or update the database from a pop-up.
I purchased CCT bundle hoping the pop-up builder would help ... but I guess have more to learn before that is a benefit for me.

The big question -
How can I grab an invoice number,
sum up all the checks payed towards that invoice number,
add another payment,
insert or update the database upon closing the pop-up.

I can do each of these but I cannot seem to do them all together, especially with a pop-up form..

Perhaps there is a sample I am missing in the example packs

I am new to programming. (duh?)
If this helps - I have a MySQL database running on Fedora, and I use PHP and Apache.

Thanks,

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login