CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Flashing/Blinking Images in User Manual

Print topic Send  topic

lousaint

Posted: 06/06/2007, 5:22 AM

Maybe there's a way to control these, but I haven't found it.
The blinking is annoying and distracting. I'd like to be able to:
1) turn it off completely, and
2) turn it on for longer than the 1 second they now stay on before changing.
As it is they are making me crazy. Sometimes I'm trying to concentrate on text and can't because of the blinking images. Other times I'm trying to concentrate on the blinking examples themselves, but can't because they change too quickly.
:-<
View profile  Send private message
JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 06/13/2007, 12:03 AM

I Agree 110%!!!!!!

I find the animated images used in the help files (and on the web site) to be extremely annoying. As I scan down a page I have no idea whether I am seeing the first step in a sequence, the last step or somewhere in between.

Also, it is very frustrating to try and look at a screen that keeps changing! I may take a little longer to look at the image to see all of its settings but the pictures are changing while I'm still looking at them. (But don't just slow them down...sometimes I wish they would go faster because I have already grasped what the current picture is telling me!)

Finally, they do not print properly. When I print a help topic I am missing all of the animated screenshots.

It would be a great improvement to simply add each image to the help file, in sequence and get rid of the fancy animations.

Animating theses images adds no value the way it is implemented and instead it makes the docs harder to use.

Posted: 06/13/2007, 5:13 AM

Thanks for responding.
I was beginning to feel guilty about complaining and that everyone else loves 'em. Hopefully, someone will come up with a way for each user to set his/her own timer and/or turn them off entirely.

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login