CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

CCS 3.2 Final Release Issue

Print topic Send  topic

akhan

Posted: 07/30/2007, 9:13 AM

Hi There,

I have now installed the latest release of CCS and have gone through the convertion of my project. It compiled and published ok, however I get the following error message at run-time:

Quote :
Specified cast is not valid.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.]
BTS.Controls.CCPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +147
BTS.index.indexPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +378
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +240
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +197

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

This also happened when I was testing the beta release.

I am using IIS and integrated windows authentication.

In my global.asax.vb I have the following code to store the username:

Dim userName() As String = Split(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name,"\")   
HttpContext.Current.Session("currentUser") = userName(1).ToUpper

Please bear in mind that using CCS 3.1 worked perfectly well.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Abs

Posted: 07/30/2007, 10:44 AM

have a look here:
http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=89139 (for me it's ok)
View profile  Send private message
mcchinsy

Posted: 07/31/2007, 12:33 PM

I have the same issue, only I get this error for even a simple blank web page. I can't create an application anymore. Looks like I'll have to go back to CCS 3.1.
akhan

Posted: 08/01/2007, 1:24 AM

Yes, I have also discovered that even a simple page gives the error message when using "integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS. However if you enable "anonymous Access" and remove the "integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS the problem is no longer there. I have reported this to CCS support team and their developers are looking into it.

Posted: 08/01/2007, 5:09 AM

Thanks for the update. I was also informed by CCS support that they are looking into it.
dragoon

Posted: 08/01/2007, 6:27 AM

Quote akhan:
Yes, I have also discovered that even a simple page gives the error message when using "integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS. However if you enable "anonymous Access" and remove the "integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS the problem is no longer there. I have reported this to CCS support team and their developers are looking into it.

This is not an workaround. For instance, all my projects depends on "Integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS
E43509

Posted: 08/01/2007, 6:27 AM

Not sure if this affects you but once you enable anonymous access those server variables are not guaranteed to be valid (such as logon_user). If you are grabbing them from IIS, this may be an issue for ya.
E43509

Posted: 08/01/2007, 6:31 AM

I grab Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") for my integrated windows authentication. LOGON_USER and REMOTE_USER all seem to be the same. I'm not sure how HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name differs from the value I use.
akhan

Posted: 08/05/2007, 6:04 PM

Quote :
This is not an workaround. For instance, all my projects depends on "Integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS

I was not suggesting as a workaround but proving that there is a bug. On that note yessoftware have emailed me a patch which fixes this problem.

Posted: 08/07/2007, 8:26 AM

Yes, the patch worked for me as well.
akhan

Posted: 08/08/2007, 2:12 AM

I now get the following error in editable grid when the pageCount = 0

Quote :
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Apart from that, everthing else seems ok, a little faster when publishing I think.

Posted: 08/20/2007, 3:37 AM

Akhan,

Have you found any fix for the editable grid bug? I'm having same kind of problem, a page with an editable grid and 0 records will result in Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (I had this error also in 3.2.0.1)
dragoon

Posted: 08/20/2007, 3:39 AM

Quote akhan:
Quote :

I was not suggesting as a workaround but proving that there is a bug. On that note yessoftware have emailed me a patch which fixes this problem.

They e-mailed me maybe the same patch, but in the meantime I have updated to 3.2.0.2 and it's working.
akhan

Posted: 09/10/2007, 4:58 AM

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

I have also updated to latest version, still I get the error?

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login