CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Bug report: CodeCharge compilation crashes on .c# Substring() function

Print topic Send  topic

dd1168

Posted: 08/06/2007, 11:19 PM

Hi,

I have a codecharge project that has more than 1600 namespaces with c#. Before, I used string.Substring() function in many files. they are all right. Recently, I added Substring() in several files. Codecharge started suffereing system crashes with no error messages during compilation. I deleted the newly added Substring calls. The compilation turned back to normal. I replicated causes. The symptom turned out again. I am not sure what has happened, because the project still uses Substring() calles in other places.

Codecharge compilation is very slow with this project because of too many module files. It was difficult to nail down the above causes with no error messages. I have noticed that Codecharge does not fully use threads on a multi-cpu-core system. It maybe why code compiling is very slow in a large project. I wish Codecharge could fully utilize multi-cpu to speed up compilations at least for code generations which are virtually sequentially independent processes and is thus ideal for using threads to speed up compilation.

Regards,
David
View profile  Send private message
dd1168

Posted: 08/10/2007, 12:00 AM

Hi,

Codecharge compilation crashed again. My project is considerably big for Codecharge. I think Codecharge crashes are due to errors in memory handling. In examination, I divided the project into two parts by temporarily moving away one half of project files. I compiled the two sub-projects. They each was compiled successfully. I joined the two parts together and then compiled the whole project again. Codecharge crashed again. In my observation, Codecharge 3.0 had a serious memory leak issue. In Codecharge 3.2, the memory issue was seemed fixed. My computer has 3 GB memory that is quite enough for running my project, because the available memory is still abundant as shown in a task manager. I am frustrated with Codecharge crashes on my project. If Codecharge can not handle a big project, my only choice is to leave Codecharge.

Regards,
David

:(

View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login