CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Updated Documentation

Print topic Send  topic

JimmyCrackedCorn

Posted: 08/09/2007, 10:47 PM

I'm glad the new 3.2 version has been released but I wish the documentation would also be updated. And, I don't mean just go through and change "3.1" to "3.2" like the CodeCharge home page was updated!!! (Currently the home page claims that 3.1 features are new in 3.2 and then proceeds to link to the 3.1 new features page!)

I hope you guys will go through the User's Guide, Component Reference and Examples and Techniques docs and truly update them (these were last updated 12/19/2006). Based on my reading of these docs they are not really fully up to date with 3.1 even!

Or, even better, how about you release an addendum that covers everything new in 3.2 and how to use it, how it affects existing projects, etc.? That would probably be less time-consuming. In fact that would be a good on-going strategy...when you release a major version you release all NEWLY written docs but when you release a minor version you just release an addendum.

How about it?

Posted: 09/24/2007, 5:05 PM

hey Yes, any thoughts on this?

I noticed you changed the version on the home page to "3". I guess that addresses my comment about how the home page was updated but still does not address the updating of docs! :-)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

PHP Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login