CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Compilation error message when accessing CCS project 3.2.0.2 in .net 2.0 eventhough no error when published.

Print topic Send  topic

fuzfuad

Posted: 08/20/2007, 7:39 AM

Hi,

I have created a project previously in CCS v3.1 using .net 1.1. It worked fine. Now I have upgraded to CCS v3.2.0.2 using .net framework v2. When I open the project, I published the project and there was no error messages. Message was:
Build finished
Start registering ASP.NET scriptmap (2.0.50727) recursively at /W3SVC/1/root/wms.
Finished registering ASP.NET scriptmap (2.0.50727) recursively at /W3SVC/1/root/wms.
Publishing to "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WaqfWeb\WMS"
Publish Project - 0 critical error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Now, when I access the website from the localhost, i got this error message:
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'CCSControlAttribute' is not defined.

Source Error:
Line 100: Overloads Public Sub Add(key As Control, value As CCSControlAttribute)
Line 101: If Me(key) Is Nothing Then
Line 102: Dictionary.Add(key, New CCSControlAttributeCollection(key))

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WaqfWeb\WMS\App_Code\components\attributes\AttributesContainer.vb Line: 100

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I am a newbie at .net programming and just don;t know where else to troubleshoot this problem.
View profile  Send private message
cvboucher

Posted: 08/20/2007, 9:02 AM

I recently ran into this same problem when upgrading my project to .NET 2.0. I had to delete (backup) the App_Code, App_GlobalResources and Components folders under my project. CodeCharge then regenerated the appropriate folders and I stopped getting the error.

Craig
fuzfuad

Posted: 08/21/2007, 3:20 AM

I tried what you did, however, I came across other problems like undefined procedure names for example, it doesn't seem to recognise CCPage.vb etc., ie. mainly CCS procedures/functions. So, I left it running under framework 1.1 which works fine. It's just that I want to know why it won't run under .net framework 2.0. I still want to find out more on this, though.

Anyway, thanks so much for your help.

Fuz
cvboucher

Posted: 08/22/2007, 9:05 AM

One other thing I should have mentioned is to empty out the web directory you publish to or publish to a new directory. I think a mix of 1.1 and 2.0 files in a web directory can cause problems. Also make sure you change the virtual directory to ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS.

Craig
fuzfuad

Posted: 08/24/2007, 10:31 AM

Hi Craig,

I have tried what you did many many times but I still get ridiculous error ie. Oracle connection not defined when I am not even using Oracle. I am using Sql Server 2005.

However, I am still trying to get this up though.
dparravicini
Posted: 10/25/2007, 9:12 AM

:-( :-(

I get the same error .... same story (upgraded to 3.2 , trying to migrate to
net 2.0)

Same: I use SQL Server, not Oracle -- any help ????!
OPCW - The Netherlands
---------------------------------------
Sent from YesSoftware forum
http://forums.codecharge.com/

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login