CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

web services

Print topic Send  topic

robn

Posted: 09/13/2007, 6:14 AM

Hi

I've created several CCS projects using ASP without issue. I've now been asked to created a asp.net project that uses some web services that have already been created. To be honest I have no idea how to do this using CCS, I've been looking through the forum and can find little information on how to do this.

I was wondering if anyone else has managed to use web service with CSS and if so how. Also is the any articles or 'how to' guides out there?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

RobN
View profile  Send private message
Vasiliy

Posted: 09/14/2007, 7:00 PM

CCS will not help you. We wrote functions in VS and placed them in App_Code for later calls from CCS pages.

Posted: 09/17/2007, 3:02 AM

Thanks for the response Vasiliy

I was wondering if you have any examples you may be able to share with me. I need to pass parameters through after a submitted to run web service?

many thanks

Rob
View profile  Send private message
Vasiliy

Posted: 09/17/2007, 11:30 AM

Basically, calling web-service from CCS ASP.NET application is similar to a function call.
The only difference, to call web-service you have to make from VS a web-reference to a web-service provider. The result should be in your "App_WebReferences" folder, sub-folder with at least 2 files: discomap and wsdl.

Once you build web-reference, you can call web-services from CCS like regular functions.
For example:
1. in VS you created a web-reference a web-service provider "CreditReportingLA".
You'll see folders: App_WebReferences -> CreditReportingLA
2. in CCS page your web-service call will look like this (real code):
Dim myService As New CreditReportingLA.INFO1Gateway
byteResponse = myService.I1OrderRequest(parVendorUserID, parVendorUserPassword, xmlRequest.InnerXml.ToString)

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login