CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Problems accessing SQLServer from ASP.NEt pages

Print topic Send  topic

rnanda

Posted: 09/17/2007, 2:50 AM

Hi,

I have an application which is set to publish using ASP.NET. The database is SQLServer Express 2005. I have created a database in the same

I used the Application builder feature in CCS to create a simple data entry page, for a table ApartmentInfo in the database.

When I click on the Live page option. I get the following error : here RNIYER is my computer name. I dont know how the ASPNET word is getting added to the user. I have created a System DSN. called AptBkg. the Connection in CCS is also called the same and uses this dsn. the test for the connection works fine. only the page gives this error

Please help, and please let me know if any other info is needed. SQL Native client is the driver used in the DSN

Thanks and Regards
Nanda

Server Error in '/aptbkg' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed. ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed. ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OdbcException: ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'.
ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed.
ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'RNIYER\ASPNET'.
ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot open database "ApartmentBooking" requested by the login. The login failed.]
AptBkg.ApartmentInfo_maint.ApartmentInfoDataProvider.FillItem(ApartmentInfoItem item, Boolean& IsInsertMode) +3259
AptBkg.ApartmentInfo_maint.ApartmentInfo_maintPage.ApartmentInfoShow() +195
AptBkg.ApartmentInfo_maint.ApartmentInfo_maintPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +69
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407
View profile  Send private message
rnanda

Posted: 09/18/2007, 12:23 AM

Hello all, I solved this problem. My user / login setup in sqlserrver was not correct.

Thanks, Nanda
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login