CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Creating a master-detail page

Print topic Send  topic

rnanda

Posted: 09/18/2007, 12:22 AM

Hello All,

I am trying to build a master detail form. The master page has details about an apartment and the detail page has a list of pictures to be uploadefd for that apartment.

I have created an include page with an editable grid. This has 2 fields, a text field which will be the hyperlink to the image and an image field.

I have included the detail page in the main page. How do I retrieve the records in the include page based on the key field in the main page?

Please help and thanks in advance.
Regards
Nanda
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 09/18/2007, 2:04 AM

Hi Nanda,

Quote :
How do I retrieve the records in the include page based on the key field in the main page?
This probably can be done in the same way as retrieving the apartment detail on your main detail form. For example to display apartment information you may need such URL: .../Page.aspx?apartment_id=1
Does this work for you on the main detail form? If so, then open the "Data Source" property of your main form and you should see such parameter as "apartment_id = apartment_id (URL)".
Then you can create the same parameter in the Data Source property of your grid form within the includable page.
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login