CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

We need comparison options in search forms

Print topic Send  topic

markB

Posted: 11/18/2007, 1:08 PM

(This is the equal of a question I asked in general messages and that got no solution. http://forums.yessoftware.com/posts.php?post_id=91840 )

It would be really useful to be able to include comparisons in a search form, to allow the user to, for example, find the records where <such field> is higher than a value he specifies, or is lesser than or equal to a value he specifies, etc. Basically the user can pick up a comparison sign/expression.

It's puzzling that can such a great software like CCS lacks such a basic feature that is available is many RADs. I sincerely believe it would be a great addition to CCS.

Examples:

View profile  Send private message
adgreen

Posted: 11/18/2007, 11:38 PM

I like the idea too. I've had to hand build "user friendly" search forms a little like the example in the image submitted here, and some kind of automatic generator would really help for these.

I use the VERY handy clsSQLParameters class [exists in php and asp, don't know about others] to knit all the control values into a usable "where" clause with not too much fussing about.

In fact, if were easy to traverse the ccs controls structure at run-time (I have not really tried that hard) it would be possible to write a generic class/routine to handle any form... maybe.

Adrian
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login