CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> Wishes

Custom CSS Section for layouts....

Print topic Send  topic

Jerren

Posted: 01/23/2008, 12:35 PM

I would like to see the ability to have my custom CSS layouts protected from overwriting in the Style_Doctype.css file. Whenever I do a full deploy any additional code in the external style sheet gets nuked.

It would also be nice if the custom layouts would also be viewable and rendered by the IDE properly. Currently I have to publish the files and then view them in the browser while making edits.
View profile  Send private message
mamboBROWN

Posted: 01/24/2008, 8:07 PM

Jerren
What version of CCS are you using?? Your first wish seems like it should work with the current version of CCS. I am assuming that you are giving your CCS layouts it's own name. Is this true??
Jerren

Posted: 01/28/2008, 2:50 PM

Quote mamboBROWN:
Jerren
What version of CCS are you using?? Your first wish seems like it should work with the current version of CCS. I am assuming that you are giving your CCS layouts it's own name. Is this true??

I am using version 3.2 on Windows Vista Business, with a Windows 2000/SQL2000 development server on Microsoft's VM platform. (hey its free...) I have been having a lot of frustration with it... every time I publish the stylesheets seem to get regenerated and I have to copy the modifications back over to get the layouts to work properly again. It's just one of many little annoyances that have me about ready to pull my hair out... :(
mamboBROWN

Posted: 01/28/2008, 8:30 PM

Jerren
Do you save your custom CSS files under a different name or do you change the system CSS files??
datadoit
Posted: 01/29/2008, 6:05 AM

Definitely keep your own styles in your own files and reference them in
your HTML head.

Ex:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/Style.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/MyStyle.css">

If there are style tag conflicts, then last style loaded wins.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login