CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> ASP.NET - InMotion Framework

Quite happy, but not perfect

Print topic Send  topic

duploX

Posted: 02/21/2008, 7:32 PM

I am quite happy with the new ASP.NET INMOTION. Our application runs stable and very fast. There are a few things who however do NOT work:

1) FCKEditor does not work with Inmotion. The textbox is NOT replaced with the FCK Editor. I have to add "<FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>" to the code and "<FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>" within the <form runat="server">. But that places the FCKeditor only on top of the form an sill does NOT replace the textbox.

2) Upload Function does not work. Just triggers a web.config error which I can not further trace.

3) Editable Grids make tremendous problems once they are edited.

4) Caching is not supported although I can select ASP.NET built-in caching in the project settings.

I have sent several emails to support regarding those issue but not yet received any response that solves these problems.

Again, INMOTION is an excellent tool but I wish that all functions would have been tested before going live.

Christoph
View profile  Send private message
peterr

Posted: 02/22/2008, 11:41 PM

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your comments.
The InMotion Framework is used in very complex live projects, We also provide an example application that works perfectly with file uploads, editable grids, etc.. A lot of testing was definitely done before going live, though I think that there is a valid issue with the FCKeditor support.

The upload functionality may be misconfigured in any application and this also happens with PHP, ASP, etc., so I don't see relation to InMotion. Our support already recommended that you configure your server to display error messages which should provide clues about what's wrong (may be related to permissions, non-existing folder, etc.)
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login