CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> General/Other

jQuery scripts stopped working in CCS4

Print topic Send  topic

sabolc

Posted: 02/22/2008, 3:41 PM

We have a large project created in CCS 3.2/PHP, in which we heavily used jQuery and several jQuery plugins like jQuery.autocomplete. After having migrated to CCS 4.0, all the fancy jQuery stuff stopped working at once.

After some investigation, the problem most likely results from the fact that both jQuery and Prototype (introduced in CCS4) uses the $() function. While we can and will try to rewrite all our own code to omit $() (and use jQuery() instead), it seems we won't be able to do so with some of the jQuery plugins.

Currently we do not use Prototype at all. Is there a way to switch off the Prototype support from CCS4? Or does anyone know some easy way to solve this problem?
Did anyone have a similar problem at all?

Best,

Szabolcs
View profile  Send private message
CodeChargenewbie

Posted: 02/23/2008, 7:48 AM

I have a similar problem with AJason. I just resigned to rewrite the stupid code to suit codecharge (ugh), which I'm having problems with at the moment. Basically, I'd get an HTTP 500 error after the server-side processing finished and attempted to inform the client. I haven't used jQuery, but I get the feeling codecharge will not make your life easy and force you switch.
roeya

Posted: 02/23/2008, 9:53 PM

Quote sabolc:
We have a large project created in CCS 3.2/PHP, in which we heavily used jQuery and several jQuery plugins like jQuery.autocomplete. After having migrated to CCS 4.0, all the fancy jQuery stuff stopped working at once.

There is one more problem to consider - id's.

CodeChrage Studio 4 changes the id's of html tags so it can be more wprk then you think

I use CCS for long time, and migrated projects from CCS 2.3 - CCS 3.0 - CCS 3.1 - CCS 3.2
I always take my time to migrate - it takes time and effort. Contact support they usually provide solutions (But sometimes you will have to rewrite things)

Posted: 02/24/2008, 10:44 AM

It seems we have found the problem and it is simpler than we thought... but it will be a lot of work to get everything going again. Also, we have just started repairing things so there may be other issues but the root of the problem seems to be that:

CCS4 renamed some of the "id" tags we used for identifying e.g. fields for autocomplete. By renaming them back to the original values our autocomplete script seems to work fine. We hope the rest of the jQuery stuff will work as well.

Oh, and thanks, roeya.

Best,

Szabolcs
quasimidi

Posted: 02/24/2008, 11:26 AM

Hey Szabolcs,

It is nice to see other hungarian users using CCS :)

Robert

Posted: 02/24/2008, 12:21 PM

Quote quasimidi:
Hey Szabolcs,

It is nice to see other hungarian users using CCS :)

Robert

Actually, we are the ones trying to localize and sell CCS in Hungary...
:-)

Plus we are also using it ourselves.

And we are in great need of capable CCS/PHP programmers... should you know any...

Best,

Szabolcs
sabolc

Posted: 02/24/2008, 1:42 PM

One final moment, perhaps it helps.

After about an hour of manual comparison and testing, I tried to explain to a non-technical friend of mine what I am troubled with, i.e. that CCS4 had to convert the "id" tags. She asked if CCS really "had to", i.e. "Can't you talk it out of it somehow?"

And indeed. I took the working 3.2 version copy of the code, had CCS4 convert the project and I answered NO to the id conversion question. I recompiled the project, CCS4 showed no extra errors at all and all the fancy jQuery stuff I was missing is there... at least it seems so (the program is too large to test it in 10 minutes).

Hope that helps others.

Best,

Szabolcs
wkempees
Posted: 02/25/2008, 4:07 AM

Now THAT is useful!
Thanks.

Walter

"sabolc" <sabolc@forum.codecharge> schreef in bericht
news:247c1e4e38a626@news.codecharge.com...
> One final moment, perhaps it helps.
>
> After about an hour of manual comparison and testing, I tried to explain
> to a
> non-technical friend of mine what I am troubled with, i.e. that CCS4 had
> to
> convert the "id" tags. She asked if CCS really "had to", i.e. "Can't you
> talk it
> out of it somehow?"
>
> And indeed. I took the working 3.2 version copy of the code, had CCS4
> convert
> the project and I answered NO to the id conversion question. I recompiled
> the
> project, CCS4 showed no extra errors at all and all the fancy jQuery stuff
> I was
> missing is there... at least it seems so (the program is too large to test
> it in
> 10 minutes).
>
> Hope that helps other.
>
> Best,
>
> Szabolcs
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login