CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Upload a .pdf file and open when displayed

Print topic Send  topic

reb0101

Posted: 03/04/2008, 5:42 AM

Hey all,

I’m relatively new to code charge. I got into it a while back and got sidetracked and trying to jump back into it now.
I need some help on the file upload function.
I’m developing a site that will collect data from several teams. All the data that will go into the database is text, maybe 10-15 fields for this particular table.
What I would like to do is have them be able to upload supporting documents for each record they input and they will be .pdf format.

I’m using a access database right now and it will end up on SQL Server but I’ve got issues with SQL Server right now. Hopefully will be fixed in the next day or so.
So I’ve got a field called ‘attachment’ on the table.
I don’t want to even start trying to figure out how to physically lodge the .pdf file in the table so I am going with a path to a folder.
It seems to work, I have bound the attachment field and even uploaded a .pdf file.
So far so good, or so I thought.
When it displays the record, there is the attachment along with all the other fields. You cannot however click on the attachment and have it open in Acrobat.

I then added a link and bound that to the attach field. Now it comes up and it’s hyperlinked, but when I click on it, it opens another browser window with the whole record and all the fields.
Any clue how I can upload the .pdf file, have it bound to the rest of the fields of the record and when that particular record is displayed in a grid you can click on the .pdf attachment and have it open?
View profile  Send private message
mahindra21

Posted: 06/10/2008, 11:47 PM

hi , i am new in codecharge ,please give mw idea about this codecharge ,like we have pleanty of example here but, i want to know, can we develop our own customised website, with our own database and design.. if possible please reply me...asap

Thanks....O:)

Posted: 06/11/2008, 6:54 AM

@Mahindra21
Please post 1 topic in 1 Forum only
[continued here] http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=97768

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
View profile  Send private message

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login