CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Object reference error

Print topic Send  topic

smpete

Posted: 04/04/2008, 8:08 AM

I am developing on Windows XP and publishing to Windows 2003 server. I get the following error from the web server. If I publish locally, I can run my application fine. It just happens when attempting to run from the Windows 2003 server. I've opened a ticket with YesSoftware on this issue and they pointed to this Microsoft article: http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnste/archive/2006/06/02/615674.aspx

YesSoftware's solution was to install CodeCharge on the web server and develop from there. I don't consider this a solution.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 145: culture = LaborRpt.Configuration.Settings.SiteLanguage
Line 146:
Line 147: System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CType(locales(culture),CultureInfo)
Line 148: System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CultureInfo.CurrentCulture
Line 149:

Source File: D:\inetpub\wwwroot\LaborRpt\App_Code\components\Utility.vb Line: 147

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
LaborRpt.Utility.SetThreadCulture() in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\LaborRpt\App_Code\components\Utility.vb:147
LaborRpt.Header.HeaderPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) in D:\inetpub\wwwroot\LaborRpt\Header.ascx.vb:171
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
View profile  Send private message
tbj1125

Posted: 04/30/2008, 10:58 PM

I'm getting the same error as well. The Codecharge support group used to be so good. Why are they now telling you to install on the web server? Sounds like they don't know how to fix their own error.

Have you got it fixed already?

Ted
smpete

Posted: 05/01/2008, 6:25 AM

The error is ultimately linked to an issue with Microsoft between versions of their OS. However, it is the code created by CodeCharge that is creating the error, so I would think they could fix it. I opened a trouble ticket with them and sent my project to them so they could recreate it. The last I heard was they sent the project to their programmers and hadn't heard anything yet. My ticket is still open. My priorities have moved to another non-web project, so I haven't been pursuing this issue that much lately.

If they don't resolve this issue, their software is pretty much useless to me.

You may want to open a ticket with them also.
mahindra21

Posted: 06/10/2008, 11:45 PM

hi , i am new in codecharge ,please give mw idea about this codecharge ,like we have pleanty of example here but, i want to know, can we develop our own customised website, with our own database and design.. if possible please reply me...asap

Thanks....O:)

Posted: 06/11/2008, 6:56 AM

@Mahindra21
Please post 1 topic in 1 Forum only
[continued here] http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=97768

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login