CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Accessing Label Control in Editable Grid

Print topic Send  topic

kieuale

Posted: 04/11/2008, 9:11 AM

Please help!
Does anybody know how to access LABEL reference control in Editable Grid?
I found the script for accessing Textbox control in the Tips & Solution posted from Nicoals, But no luck on LABEL.
View profile  Send private message
vtorres514

Posted: 04/23/2008, 9:26 AM

Are you trying to just access it from within the grid or outside.

Posted: 04/23/2008, 11:33 AM

Not sure what you meant by saying "within" or "outside" the grid?

What I want is to have some kind of automation that will automatically retrieves the value from one control and apply it to another editable control, "textbox". If I make one of my source control as a textbox, yes I can retrieved the value, but it will make my form ugly and if I hide it or not to include it in my editable grid form, I got NO luck. So, if I can place my source control as a label and retrieves that label control value then that will be perfect.

Thanks.
vtorres514

Posted: 04/24/2008, 5:32 AM

The first thing you do is go to the Events tab of the column you wish to move. Right click on before Show and click on Add Code, this will define the variable for you to use, in other words retrieve the value from, you don't have to add any code.

Now Click on the one you wish to populate and go to the events tab. Select before show and press Add Code. Within the code area you can then type:

GridNameLabel1.Text = GridNameTextboxName.Text

This will populate your label in the grid. Remember if the field is a hidden use (.Value)

Posted: 04/24/2008, 11:05 AM

Thanks, but that only work on the server side. I need a client side coding (javascript), when user click on a button or link or checkbox, a client side event that will retrieves the value from a label control than apply it to a textbox control.

Label --> to --> [Textbox]

I got it working with a textbox control to another textbox control, with the coding posted by Nichol in the "Tip & Solution" but I cannot get it work with a label control. What is the reference code for label?

????? Thank You. ???????

:-/ :(

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login