CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

ALERT: Page Corruption Issue

Print topic Send  topic

maxhugen

Posted: 04/14/2008, 6:50 PM

:( FWIW, I thought I'd post the result of a another bug I've fallen across, and the response from CCS:

Quote :
've spent a lot of time getting a largish page formatted in HTML, with a Record in it, and had started trying to convert text <input> fields to Listboxes using AJAX.

I accidentally went to 'Design' view, and when I returned to HTML view, I got the error:

Error:pCXCConverter->backTransformationWithDOM failed

Then I tried LivePage, and got heaps of errors:

Following components not found... delete them?
(User Name Label, and 2 Include pages, and the Record)

Warning:Unable to find the beginning of block Button Button_Insert, Ln: 630, Col: 301.
Warning:Unable to find the beginning of block Button Button_Update, Ln: 631, Col: 307.
Warning:Unable to find the beginning of block Button Button_Delete, Ln: 632, Col: 307.
Warning:Unable to find the beginning of block Button Button_Cancel, Ln: 633, Col: 307.
Warning:Page template error. Expected </td> before </span>, Ln: 641, Col: 15.
Warning:Component "Header (IncludePage)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.
Warning:Component "consultation (Record)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.
Warning:Component "Footer (IncludePage)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.
Warning:Component "UserName (Label)" was not found in the HTML during the synchronization process.

The HTML now has a whole bunch of <span> elements in it. For example, my {Header} include has now become:

<span contenteditable="false" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #bbbbbb 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #bbbbbb 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #bbbbbb 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #bbbbbb 1px solid; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" ccsserviceable="true" ccstype="Component" ccsblockiswhitespace="true" ccsname="Header" ccsid="6">Header</span>

There are also lots of instances where a tag now has the text 'ccsserviceable="true"' in it, eg:

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" ccsserviceable="true">
<link href="Styles/EIP/Style_doctype.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" ccsserviceable="true">

What on earth is going on? And how do I fix this mess?

Response:

Quote :
Unfortunately such error sometimes occur in the latest CCS 4.00.00.04 update. Our developers pre[pared a patch for this issue. I emailed you modified ccxhtml2xmlconverter.dll, please follow the steps to install it:
1). Close CCS and back up current version of ..\CodeChargeStudio4\ccxhtml2xmlconverter.dll;
2). Replace it with emailed DLL;
3). Launch CCS and try to reproduce the error - it should not occur.

Please note that the broken pages usually cannot be recovered and need to be recreated from scratch. The problem should not occur on the other pages in your project.

Footnote: I have yet to receive the patched dll.
cadi9122

Posted: 04/15/2008, 10:45 AM

I'm having a similar problem using 4.00.00.04 and PHP/MySQL. When I move from HTML/Design view to Code view, CCS generates the page.php file. The events, and style pages are generated fine, but when I click the tab to access the page.php file, the source code has a long set of corrupt code either on the top or bottom of the file, and the PHP open/close tags are missing. Then CCS crashes (because it's interpretting junk).

When I open it in Notepad, the text looks corrupted in some other language (chinese/unsupported code page). I have edited the bad text out, but because the page is created on the fly, any saves I make to the file are overwritten on next generation of the code. This has all be sent to YesSoftware and they are looking into (-= because their support is excellent =-).

UPDATE: What I just did was to enable/set 'Separate JavaScript' (=yes). Now when I go in, it works.

I originally thought it had something to do with the Update Microsoft released last Tuesday (I'm currently using Vista Business SP1 fully patched. However, I installed a VM of Windows Server 2003 fully updated, patched without last Tuesday's patches, and I had the SAME problems. At this point it seems to be working now that I changed the JavaScript to a separate file.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the size of the file or complexity of the page (which is quite complex).

My next step if it happens again is to split the page into multiple includes and reduce it even further.

Cheers,
Chris
cadi9122

Posted: 04/15/2008, 11:22 AM

UPDATE: The Separate JavaScript didn't solve the problem. It has returned. But it only seems to occur when saving the file now. I'm going to go ahead and split the file into sub-components and see if I can narrow it down to bad code or something else.
maxhugen

Posted: 04/15/2008, 3:49 PM

Hi Christopher

How do you "enable/set 'Separate JavaScript' (=yes)" pls? I've searched Project Settings, and tried Help, but I can't find this...

FWIW, CCS has the patched dll at:

http://support.yessoftware.com/files/ccxhtml2xmlconverter.zip
Brian Bermingham
Posted: 04/16/2008, 2:07 AM

Max

The reply I recieved from support with the ling to the dll.

Thank you for contacting us.
Please download modified ccxhtml2xmlconverter.dll from
http://support.yessoftware.com/files/ccxhtml2xmlconverter.zip and follow the
steps to install it:
1). Close CCS and back up current version of
...\CodeChargeStudio4\ccxhtml2xmlconverter.dll;
2). Replace it with emailed DLL;
3). Launch CCS and try to reproduce the error - it should not occur.

Please note that the broken pages usually cannot be recovered and need to be
recreated from scratch. The problem should not occur on the other pages in
your project.

"maxhugen" <maxhugen@forum.codecharge> wrote in message
news:448053114d5f55@news.codecharge.com...
> Hi Christopher
>
> How do you "enable/set 'Separate JavaScript' (=yes)" pls? I've searched
> Project
> Settings, and tried Help, but I can't find this...
>
> FWIW, I still haven't received the patched dll that CCS said they emailed,
> and
> they aren't responding to me.
> _________________
> Max
> (99.9% CCS Newbie)
> ---------------------------------------
> Sent from YesSoftware forum
> http://forums.codecharge.com/
>
cadi9122

Posted: 04/16/2008, 7:24 AM

To enable the separate Javascript files, you have to select the root of the project in project explorer and in the properties you'll see Separate Javascript. The options you have are Yes and No.
Cheers,
Chris
maxhugen

Posted: 04/16/2008, 4:08 PM

Thanks Chris!

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Internet Database

Visually create Web enabled database applications in minutes.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login