CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reporting

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> IDE/GUI

IDE HTML Formatting

Print topic Send  topic

vdanvoye

Posted: 06/09/2008, 12:31 AM

The HTML formatting in the IDE is just awful. I like to have code properly organised/tabbed and this simply cannot happen in CC4.0: the soft just messes up the formatting. Just about to give up CC just because of that. Shame isn't it?

V
View profile  Send private message
tsgroman

Posted: 06/09/2008, 6:36 AM

Shame? Not in the least. CCS isn't for everybody, but neither is Visual Studio or Eclipse. I have a mix of tools in my development tool box and find CCS to be one that I frequently find use for.

Having indicated that you need more control over the HTML formatting and code presentation, but not to what extent, I can only suggest Notepad.

Good luck!

If this answers your question, please add [RESOLVED] to the title of your thread.
jjrjr1

Posted: 06/09/2008, 7:27 AM

Hi

Just a comment. The HTML formatting is ok for me. I have no trouble reading it if I have to,

Anyway, you are aware CCS does allow for using an external editor from within the IDE is you need another editor.

Sometimes I use frontpage to format and add functions to to thr HTML.

Take Care

Posted: 06/17/2008, 7:46 PM

You can close the file in CCS and do a Save All. Then open the HTML source file from your CCS project directory in Adobe DreamWeaver and Apply Formatting. I haven't had any trouble with doing this, and it actually helps identify tag problems while working with complex front-end coding.

A broad understanding of relationships between coding inter-related applications and the audience's browser is a must in heterogeneous environments. This is a simple fact of interdisciplinary software development.
wkempees

Posted: 06/18/2008, 4:12 AM

JM2CT,
I just thrown away my 'xxxxxxx' HTML editor because of the flawed applicationcode it does not generate.
8-)

if you liked this info PAYPAL me: http://donate.consultair.eu
TheunisP

Posted: 06/20/2008, 10:14 AM

does anyones <a href> tags align correctly - mine always left align completely - no matter what my indent setting is

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

MS Access to Web

Convert MS Access to Web.
Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.

CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login