CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

Parser Error in browsing ASP.NET/VB web Application

Print topic Send  topic

DCNathan
Posted: 05/21/2004, 10:03 PM

hi,
I created one Asp.NET web application with code behind as VB. It created and published well. When I try to view the live page, the browser gives the following error,

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'ASPDataGrid.FAMILY_list.FAMILY_listPage'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <!--ASPX page @1-F78EE279-->
Line 2: <%@ Page language="vb" Codebehind="FAMILY_list.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPDataGrid.FAMILY_list.FAMILY_listPage" %>
Line 3: <%@ Import namespace="ASPDataGrid.FAMILY_list" %>
Line 4: <%@ Import namespace="ASPDataGrid.Configuration" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ASPDataGrid\FAMILY_list.aspx Line: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

what could be the error? and what steps i need to do to eliminate it?

thanks in advance,
dcnathan.
Stan
Posted: 05/24/2004, 12:53 AM

The directory you publish to must be a virtual directory.
See ASP.Net Deployment Guide
http://support.codecharge.com/kb_article.asp?kb_article...3&article_id=29
Nikhil Deokule
Posted: 09/03/2004, 1:53 AM

Hi,
I'm facing this error in my asp.net app for one page.
First time after creating it worked fine but now it is giving this error.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'thetennisleague.RecoverPassword'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="RecoverPassword.aspx.vb" Inherits="thetennisleague.RecoverPassword" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tennisb\RecoverPassword.aspx Line: 1

what this error could be?
How to solve it?

Regards,
Nikhil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
Benjamin Krajmalnik
Posted: 09/03/2004, 8:40 AM

Try republishing the entire application.
This has worked for me in the past.

Ramesh
Posted: 10/14/2004, 9:41 PM

hi Im Ramesh,

I'm facing this error in my asp.net app for one page.
I created one Asp.NET web application with code behind as VB. It created and published well. When I try to view the live page, the browser gives the following error,

Parser Error

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MolNet.ProductCatalog'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="ProductCatalog.aspx.vb" Inherits="MolNet.ProductCatalog"%>

Source File: D:\Projects\EIP\PlazaB2B\ProductCatalog.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573 *****
what could be the error? and what steps i need to do ?

Kondapalakala

meenu
Posted: 02/14/2005, 11:20 PM

Quote :
i am having the fllowing prob
Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'NS291'.

Source Error:

Line 21: TmpRS.ActiveConnection = conn
Line 22: If RSReadOnly = False Then
Line 23: TmpRS.Open(OpenSQL, , ADODB.CursorTypeEnum.adOpenDynamic, ADODB.LockTypeEnum.adLockOptimistic)
Line 24: Else
Line 25: TmpRS.Open(OpenSQL, , ADODB.CursorTypeEnum.adOpenStatic, ADODB.LockTypeEnum.adLockReadOnly)

sunil
Posted: 02/23/2005, 3:53 AM

hi,

make sure that you have placed the bin directory and the dll inside the bin directory wherever the current page is loading. it will defenitely work if you upload the dll under bin directory.

cheers :)

sunil.
suresh
Posted: 03/09/2005, 12:29 PM

Quote sunil:

hi sunil,
i have a similar error sunil... its a parser error..

Could not load type 'ASPNET.StarterKit.IssueTracker.DesktopDefault'.

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" CodeBehind="DesktopDefault.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPNET.StarterKit.IssueTracker.DesktopDefault" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="it" TagName="Header" Src="~/UserControls/Header.ascx" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="it" TagName="Footer" Src="~/UserControls/Footer.ascx" %>

Source File: C:\hshome\b-intech\b-intech.com\issuetrackervbvs\desktopdefault.aspx Line: 1

then file ASPNET.StarterKit.IssueTracker.DesktopDefault is a dll file and it is present in the bin folder. also one more thing is that this application is running well in local computer. when trying to run it in a remote server then its getting the parser error. can you suggest some thing.

thanking u
suesh
Prakash
Posted: 03/12/2005, 7:26 AM

Hi Folks,

Simple fix to this error is put the complete production URL in the CodeBehind attributes, like in Suesh's case
CodeBehind="http://..prodserver.../DesktopDefault.aspx.vb.

At least this works for me.

Have fun!
Prakash
AlexXo1oX
Posted: 03/19/2005, 2:11 PM

If you publish a project on a hosted server or on a subdirectory for that matter (and do not have access to virtual directory) the code will NOT work ! Period.

I fixed this and many similar error by moving the ./bin directory from the subdirectory where the project is stored to the may server root directory!!!

eg:

Original Setup was (as published by CC):-

/Survey/*aspx etc ...
/Survey/Bin/MySurvey.dll
/Survey/themes ...
etc

The fix wat to move the /Survey/bin to /bin (with the included dll of course).

Hope this helps.

Alex
xo1ox.net
hotmale
Posted: 03/20/2005, 5:43 AM

:-) thank you AlexXo1oX ..
wanpeng
Posted: 03/20/2005, 10:04 PM

:-P AlexXo1oX is the KING!!!
Thank you very much.
Narendra
Posted: 03/21/2005, 11:09 PM

you just remove the inherits part from the first line of the aspx page
vivekanand
Posted: 03/28/2005, 11:23 PM

what is parser error
Kingman
Posted: 03/30/2005, 6:12 PM

Thanks, it works!!!
anurag Krishana
Posted: 04/02/2005, 5:08 AM

Hi
Please gime me the Solution of this error:

An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

peterr

Posted: 04/02/2005, 11:46 AM

You already provided the solution: "Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately."
View profile  Send private message
Denver
Posted: 04/05/2005, 1:35 AM

Making the dir a virtual directory fixes the problem @@
Raja
Posted: 04/19/2005, 9:41 PM

hi,

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'FinalTest.WebForm4'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm4.aspx.vb" Inherits="FinalTest.WebForm4"%>
Line 3: <html>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FinalTest\WebForm4.aspx Line: 1

by

raja
Flappie
Posted: 05/11/2005, 3:15 AM

Quote Narendra:
you just remove the inherits part from the first line of the aspx page

Yes, very smart....then the whole ASP.NET application doesn't work anymore. Then you simply have a useless ASP page dude. Sorry, but that was a really dumb answer!
ramiz raja afridi
Posted: 05/18/2005, 12:01 AM

good
jambai
Posted: 06/08/2005, 11:59 AM

Hi,

Check the class name

For example in the .aspx file it will be like this.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="myPage.aspx.vb" Inherits="myProject.pyPage"%>

In you code behind check the class the.You may missed the class name
In that it should be like

Public Class myPage

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks
Jambai
Raman Iyer
Posted: 06/20/2005, 4:36 AM

Hi all,

This is for everyone whose faced the dreaded error:

=====================================================================
Server Error in '/SimpleApp' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /simpleapp/simpleapp.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.0

=====================================================================

The solutions is simple.

Just build the solution.

Follow this by building the project whose page seems to be having this problem.

Problem Solved!!!

Good Luck!
rogersw

Posted: 06/27/2005, 6:33 AM

I have found in general, pressing the F8 key or the View Live Page won't work with Asp.Net. Only F9 or full publish will work when you make code changes. I'm guessing it's because the assembly must be rebuilt and only F9 does that. With ASP and possibly other languages, the F8 works because the single page is compiled at runtime, not loaded from a dll.
shailendra
Posted: 06/27/2005, 8:31 AM

Hi,
I have one prob when i run my ASPx page with code behind the it show parshing error in first line of aspx page.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'oracle_job.test'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="test.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="oracle_job.test" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >

Source File: C:\Domains\alliancef.com\wwwroot\oracle_job\test.aspx Line: 1

Plz Help me
peterr

Posted: 06/27/2005, 10:54 AM

Are you sure that you published your project to a virtual folder? Is "oracle_job" configured as virtual folder in IIS?
shailendra
Posted: 06/27/2005, 11:24 AM

Ya i m sure .it's configer with iis.

if i remove Inherits="oracle_job.test" then it's working but funcationlity not working.
dev
Posted: 06/28/2005, 6:47 PM

I found that the Full Rebuild fixes the problem. What I noticed was that when I published a single page, or tried to preview a page (which then published the single page), it only rebuilt that page, and the .DLL was very small. And thus, the single page (may have) worked, but no other pages worked. Rebuilding the entire solution recreated the full .DLL (which was 10 times larger -- the correct size), and then every page worked.

It seems the publish single page or preview is not intelligent enough to know that the entire DLL is required.
Tom
Posted: 07/26/2005, 11:50 AM

Okay I struggled with this error and did everything I read on the net to fix it. Nothing worked. Finally I copied my bin folder from the application dir into wwwroot and it worked.
Lance7
Posted: 08/03/2005, 3:29 AM

Thanks Tom , that solution also worked for me.
 Page 1 of 2  Next Last

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login