CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Web Reports

Visually create Web Reports in PHP, ASP, .NET, Java, Perl and ColdFusion.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge Studio -> .NET

CCstudio .net with Dreamweaver and Templates

Print topic Send  topic

Mi
Posted: 01/16/2005, 6:34 PM

what advice can you give for this. trying to apply a templete to the generated aspx page. the results actually work but the template area i copy to becomes unchangeable for some reason. with dreamweaver you define areas of the template that are modifiable. i copy the <form> thru the </form> into the template editable region. what results is a visual destruction of the page tables and editable regions. however, when publish everything looks and works correctly. however again, the editalble region that the cc code is copied to is corrupted to not allow anymore updates to this area. the generated code is great but if i cant get the code into my web site, what good is it.

why not allow integration into html by placing special ccstudio tags in the aspx page. cc studio would then generate its html and code within this tag.

any idea why the dreamweaver template is corrupted. i tried the external editor suggestion. i did the right click on the page(HTML) and opened dreamweaver. i applied the template which worked correctly. it creates an html page which has no functionality. i renamed the page to an aspx page. it displays the text and boxes correctly but nothing works since no aspx code is in the page.

i'm lost
Guillermo

Posted: 05/20/2005, 12:45 PM

Currently I'm having similar problem. I click on open externally and edit the template in Dreamweaver. Then save the document, reopen it on CCS, then publish the project and the page is corrupted. The changes (although I see them on the html editor in CCS) they do not publish on the site. Anything I do on that html page later on does not appear on the published site. This was not happening before… I’ll try reinstalling CCS and try again.
View profile  Send private message
Guillermo

Posted: 05/20/2005, 1:02 PM

Reading this topic: http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=51607
What I think is happening that CCS is no recreating the ASPX page from the HTML template at all. It just ignoring any changes I do in that page.
Guillermo

Posted: 05/20/2005, 4:35 PM

I think I found a solution. It worked for me on a few test pages I did. First backup your project. Then open a page of that project and do this test:

- In "desing" view Make any changes to the html and publish the page.
(if the published page does not appeared the changes you did, then try the following)

- On that same page, go to "Code" view and make sure you have selected the "<pagename>.aspx" tab.

- Delete all the contents of that "<pagename>.aspx" page.

- Go back to "Design" view and make any changes you want to test in the html and then publish again the project.

Now it should have generated correctly the page. At least it worked for me... feedback welcome.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login