CodeCharge Studio
search Register Login  

Visual PHP Web Development

Visually Create Internationalized Web Applications, Web Reports, Calendars, and more.
CodeCharge.com

YesSoftware Forums -> CodeCharge -> General/Other

CC 2.07 and IE7

Print topic Send  topic

RRainey

Posted: 10/19/2006, 10:25 AM

I am one of those who has so much code under CC that I cannot justify the time to go to CCS for projects I maintain that I wrote in the past. With Microsoft's pending action to unleash IE7 through updating, I would imagine I am not the only one who will end up trying to use CC with IE7.

I installed IE7 on one machine and so far it appears to work fine except for some nagging Internet Explorer Script Errors. Every page loaded under CC returns a script error on Line 2, Char 1 and says Invalid character. Some pages also error on Line 1 Char 9898 and report KeyDown is undefined.

Anybody know how to stop those? The Advanced settings under IE7 do not seem to have any effect.

Also, any other issues that anybody else has seen with IE7?

View profile  Send private message
RRainey

Posted: 10/19/2006, 12:38 PM

An update for those who care, I found the culprit to be {baseURL} in the html files. It is giving the location of Common.js and IE7 does not like the way it is using it. My guess is it has something to do with the anti-phishing elements of IE7 but so far turning those off does not work. I can make it work by adding the javascript directly to the html files but that is not very eloquent.

I know there is no desire by Yes to update 2.07 so if anybody wants to work on solutions for those of us who cannot turn our backs on CC then feel free to post here. So far, I have only found this one error. I will update as I test further.
Thierry
Posted: 10/26/2006, 3:19 AM

Yes, I'm interessting too in a solution to run CC 2.07 and IE7 together.
Thanks
ducati996guy

Posted: 10/27/2006, 1:43 PM

Hi Thierry,

I am running version 2.3.2.28 and have a strange problem. Please see this post and the PeterR reply. I had not even considered ie7 could be responsible.

http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=81473

Have you seen any problems like this?

Thanks
David
RRainey

Posted: 10/29/2006, 2:35 PM

Thanks for responding Thierry, have you done any testing with IE7?
Thierry
Posted: 11/02/2006, 12:38 AM

:-<
I have made some test but I have still the problem of error, but no crash
I've tried to turn off some option with no result .
As I use firefox, the only solution I found is ... return to IE-6

Jens Andersen
Posted: 11/07/2006, 3:07 AM

Today io had this answer from yessoftware ..

"Yes, we hope so.
Currently we have many unresolved tasks with CCS 3.x and we don't know yet when we will be able to investigate the problem with CC.

Best regards,

Peter"
mdrone

Posted: 11/21/2006, 4:38 AM

I'm having the same problems with CC2.0.7 + IE7

I don't want to abandon CC2 because it is such a comfortable fit for the webapps I develop. Just like a favorite pair of shoes.

Any help resolving the IE7 problem with CC2.x is greatly appreciated.

-MD
RRainey

Posted: 11/22/2006, 4:01 AM

I have been sent private messages about wanting to know if I have had any luck fixing the CC2.07 issues with IE7.

I am making progress and CC 2.07 seems to have a number of deprecated html calls that are causing the errors. The {BaseURL} I mentioned above was not the issue. I am knocking them out one at a time but I keep running into more. I will update this thread when I make more progress.

Roy
beppe
Posted: 11/23/2006, 2:25 AM

I'm interessting too in a solution to run CC 2.07 and IE7 together.
Thanks
mdrone

Posted: 11/23/2006, 9:09 AM

I have not done extensive testing, but I have a bandaid fix that appears to work on the 2 deployments of CC2.0.7 I have running. (WinXP Home w/ IE7 + WinXP Pro w/ IE7)

Roy's 2nd post stated "I can make it work by adding the javascript directly to the html files but that is not very eloquent". Taking his lead, I added the code from Common.js to each of the html files located in C:\Program Files\CodeCharge\GUI\

It appears to have CC2.0.7 working again with no annoying run-time popups. As mentioned earlier, I have not done extensive testing, but I am able to start a project and take it to completion without glitches.

I glued all the *.html files into a zip archive and posted them at:

http://www.edseek.org/mdrone/downloads/GUI.zip

Backup your current *.html files in the C:\Program Files\CodeCharge\GUI directory prior to inserting those contained in the zip archive.

Please post back to this board if you try it and meet with success or otherwise.

Roy: Am I missing something? Reading your last post about deeper issues, I'm not convinced that using modified *.html files is a good solution. However, since modifying these files, I have been able to resume work with no issues.

-MD
Thierry
Posted: 11/24/2006, 1:51 AM

Thanks MD,
I'm going to test your solution and tell you the result.
Thierry
Posted: 11/25/2006, 12:14 AM

Hello MD
:-) I've tested on two different computer (XP Pro and Family) with IE7 (french version) with no problem.
All is allright.

Thanks very much

Thierry
mdrone

Posted: 11/25/2006, 5:32 AM

Thierry-

Glad to hear that it works. :-)

Perhaps it will keep us on track with our projects until the programmers have time to come up with a fix.

-MD
peterr

Posted: 12/07/2006, 1:11 AM

Hi all,

Here is an official patch for CodeCharge 2.0.7 that resolves GUI issues related to IE7:
http://download.yessoftware.com/CC_2.0.7_IE7_gui_patch.zip
Please unzip the contents into your CC installation folder.

It is similar to mdrone's patch (thanks) as it includes GUI folder with a set of files that should overwrite the previous GUI files. However, I don't know if it works much differently from the fix provided by mdrone.
Steve F
Posted: 12/08/2006, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the patch, but unfortunately there still seem to be some problems. One that I am experiencing is this:

1.) Add two forms to a page.
2.) Edit properties for form #1
3.) Clicking properties for form #2 results in properties for form #1.

I applied mdrone's patch instead and CC seems to work OK.

Add new topic Subscribe to topic   

These are Community Forums for users to exchange information.
If you would like to obtain technical product help please visit http://support.yessoftware.com.

Web Database

Join thousands of Web developers who build Web applications with minimal coding.
CodeCharge.com

Home   |    Search   |    Members   |    Register   |    Login